Saturday, November 10, 2012

stuffed with thankful thoughts {linky}


Hi Friends! How’s your November going? I always feel like November is the busiest time of year for me! American Education Week, writing report cards, and long parent conferences are some of the MANY things that make me feel like I might collapse and never get up. Ha! So, when Thanksgiving rolls around, I always feel EXTRA thankful for a little break to recuperate and spend some much needed time with family and friends! PHEW! Why don’t we share what thankful thoughts were stuffed with? It’ll help us ALL get through the next couple weeks.

image
Here are a few of the MANY things I’m thankful for!



1. This guy right here is my favorite person in the whole world! My boyfriend, Michael, is my biggest supporter. He’s unbelievably patient and understanding. Such a sweet, sweet soul! The poor guy listens to hours and hours of stories about my students (haha!) and is always right by my side when I need him the most. I am SO THANKFUL for him!

DSC_1288

2. I can’t think of a more rewarding job than being a teacher! I am so blessed for my amazing school, colleagues, and students. They make my heart SO, SO, SO HAPPY! This little girl has become such a beautiful reader. I absolutely LOVE what I do!

image



3. I am so thankful for all of the amazing friendships I’ve made in this little blogging community. I have “met” some seriously TALENTED and phenomenal women because of this little blog. I hope someday soon we can ALL gather together for a bloggy meet up. I know I’d make some life-long friendships! One real-life friendship that I’ve made thanks to blogging is with my sweet friend, Tracy. I know I’ve talked about her before on here, but seriously...she is AMAZING! She has become of my nearest and dearest friends. LOVE HER!

image

4. My “Stuffed with Thankful Thoughts” list would not be complete without including my parents in the mix. How cute are they? My mom sent me this picture recently while they were on a much deserved little getaway to the Florida Keys. So adorable! They are both high school teachers, so I’m sure they DESPERATELY needed this vacation. I don’t know how they do it! I just love them so much!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to link up and share what thankful thoughts you’re stuffed with? All you have to do is add the button below to your “Stuffed with Thankful Thoughts” post. Make sure you link back to the actual post, and not your blog!

“A

Get sharing!!!

18 comments:

Susan Moran said...

Such a great idea, Lyndsey! I just wrote a post about what I was thankful for so I linked up! Hopefully this will help me get through the next few crazy weeks ;)

Susan
T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

Fern Smith said...

Thank you for such a great idea & making me sit down and see everything I am thankful for this year!
Happy Thanksgiving!
~Fern

Ms. Chrissy B said...

This is fun. I'm planning on linking up soon!

Buzzing with Ms. B

Ms. Chrissy B said...

This is fun. I'm planning on linking up soon!

Buzzing with Ms. B

Amanda said...

Loving this idea! I just linked up!

Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

Lori Rosenberg said...

Lyndsey, this is a great idea for a linky party! What a perfect time to stop and think about all that we have to be thankful for. I can definitely count you as someone for whom I am thankful to know.
ΡΌ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Gina Coniglio said...

What a neat linky! Reflecting on your blessings puts lots of things into perspective! I enjoyed this! Thanks!
Gina
Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

Miss Nelson said...

I love this linky. Thanks for hosting such a wonderful party.

Alisha Colon said...

What a fantastic linky party! It was really nice to reflect on the things I am truly thankful for! Thank you!

I am your newest follower! If you can, please visit my blog at:

www.firstgradefollies.com

Karen said...

Thanks for the great linky! I love your blog and all of your products. I am thankful for you!

Karen
An Apple a Day in First Grade

Corinna said...

I think we have lots of the same things to be Thankful for. Thanks for a fun linky:) Oh, I am thankful that I stopped by because I thought I was already following you!! I am now:)

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Michele said...

Lyndsey~ I just found your blog and joined your linky party. This was a great idea! November always flies by, this was a great way to stop and reflect!
Thanks

Michele
Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

Jamie Kinsey said...

Thank you for posting this Linky Party! I sometimes need to just sit back and think about what I am thankful for. : )

Layla Wiedrick Henry said...

Thanks for hosting this linky, it is EXACTLY what I needed!
-Layla
Fancy Free in Fourth

Sandy said...

Such a wonderful idea for a link party!!! Thank you for hosting! I can't wait to link up! :)

Wedding hair and makeup Brisbane said...

Great idea and nice to see what people are thankful for.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for this fantastic linky :) It made me sit down and reflect and for that, I'm thankful ;)

Elizabeth
http://funin4b.blogspot.com/2012/11/stuffedhow-about-you.html

Anonymous said...

Nearly every home in the world has some sort of online gaming device. Some people play online games as a livelihood, while others play for leisure. No matter why you are playing, games are not going anywhere. The advice below is truly priceless.

You should play with the specific equipment needed for the game of your choosing. You may need more than just one controller. Search online or look at the game box to find out what equipment you require. This gives you a heads up so that you can get what is needed beforehand.

If you are thinking about buying some new games, join a community forum where gamers share reviews of their favorite games. Some online game forums will give you a wealth of knowledge. You'll find the reviews to be honest as none of the forum members are paid by the developers. Those are the types of reviews that you surely can believe.

Always start by playing in beginner's mode. If you find the beginner mode too easy, simply restart the game at a more difficult level. Once you have played on a beginner level for awhile, you will find it much easier to eventually play on a harder level.

Many games provide an online site which tells you whether your computer meets the minimum requirements for the game. First you download it, then this unique page runs you through some tests to see if you meet gaming requirements. If you don't like downloading things, bear in mind that you could just get the information and then delete the download.

Parents must always verify the ratings on games. A lot of games look like they are okay for kids, but they are not. It's important to not only check the rating, but also the actual objectionable material (e.g. language, suggestive themes) that caused it to get that rating.

Nintendo's Wii computer game system is good for people who want to get in shape and increase physical activity levels. The Wii works with your own body movements and has an array of games that incorporate fitness.

To save money, consider purchasing used games. The cost of new video games are $60 or higher depending on the title. This price is bad enough as it is, but it can a real downer when the game is delivered and you find that you absolutely hate it. By purchasing a used game, you could save 25-50% on the game you want.

Chat functions ought to be disabled entirely when young kids are involved. No younger child should have this type of communication. If you're not able to disable chat features on a game, don't purchase that game at all. Speak with someone familiar with the game before making a purchase.

Buying a new game is tougher than you may think. You might waste a lot of money on a game you end up hating. Read game reviews before making a purchase.

Figure out how to operate the safety and parental controls of any gaming system that comes into your home. You can likely make adjustments that keep kids from viewing mature content. Some allow each gaming profile to be customized separately, allowing adults to enjoy games not meant for younger audiences.

The world of computer games gets bigger and better over time. But there are many choices to make where gaming is involved. This article has helpful advice for both players and parents. Follow the ideas presented here to learn how to choose and purchase video games with confidence.

 
Pin It button on image hover